Early last week I hosted a giveaway for one reader to win a $150 Gap gift card to buy a brand new outfit based our Gap's Premium Pants Collection. Well last Thursday, I met my lucky reader Carie and we attended Gap & In Style magazine's private event to put together a new outfit for her to take home.
Meeting Carie was such a pleasure and right off the bat I was so excited that she was my winner. Knowing that her look would be based on a pair of dress pants, we started by finding a shirt, sweater or top that we could build the look around. Since Gap has a ton of options in their Premium Pants Collection, we wanted to find that piece she loved first then figure out which pants looked best with it.
We sifted through racks looking for that top to call our name. Carie mentioned that she had some flexibility with her attire at work, so it was our goal to find a top that she could dress up and down. Between various colors of cardigans and tees, we ended up selecting a really cute floral chiffon button up top and a printed top for her to try.
Once we had those tops to try, it was time to get a pair of pants in various cut, styles and colors. Carie tried on everything from plaid slim cropped pants to camel wide legged trousers to gray perfect trousers, but the ones she ended up taking home fit her like a glove and looked fabulous on her. So we had the top and the pants selected, the only thing that remained were the finishing touches....
And this is the final look we came up with.
Together Carie and I selected:
- True straight pants in navy
- Navy and camel printed raw-edge shirt
- Crewneck sweater in orange
- Croc plaque belt in camel
- Suede bow city flats in michelles rust (not pictured)
Carie went home with a great outfit and I went home with some food for thought:
- Everyone deserves a day of indulgence (and if I could have I would have given this opportunity to all my readers)
- I don't thank you guys enough for stopping by my blog, leaving me wonderful comments and sending me inspiring emails
- It's opportunities to give back to you guys that make blogging so worth while