Lemon pasta is such a quick, easy and refreshing dish. I was introduced to a recipe from my Giada cookbook, but I felt like it was missing a veggie and protein. So to add a little more substance to it, I added sauteed arugala into the pasta and topped it with garlic shrimp. If you're looking for a pasta dish that is light and satisfying I definitely recommend trying this one.
Here's what you'll need:
- One package of parpadelle noodles
- 3 lemons
- 1 lbs of peeled un-cooked shrimp
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Half pre-washed bag of arugala
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated peccorino and parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Heat a pan on medium-low heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of EVOO and butter until butter has melted.
- Add garlic and let it absorb for a minute, then add shrimp. Lightly season with salt and sautee until fully cooked.
- Add juice from half a lemon to shrimp right before they are fully cooked.
- While shrimp and pasta are cooking, add juice from remaining lemons in a bowl with 3 tbsp of EVOO. Set aside.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside - leaving some excess oil/butter in the pan.
- While the pan is still on the stove, add arugala and lightly toss until slightly wilted.
- Drain pasta and return to pot with slightly wilted arugala. Add the lemon juice/EVOO to pasta and coat until even. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pasta in large dish with shrimp on top.
- Add peccorino/parmesian cheese to top off the dish.
This dish would go great with a glass of sauvignon blanc or a nice refreshing glass of cucumber water. Enjoy!