Now that I'm a parent I find myself being a HUGE hypocrite. My loving friends always said, just wait until you're a parent and sure enough here I am doing/saying things I said I would never do. Among that list includes:
1) Posting daily pics of my baby on Facebook. Yup, that was the first thing that I threw out the window. After seeing my little peanut's adorable face and expressive looks, there was no way I was going to avoid posting them for people to see.
2) Making 90% of my status updates about being a mom or about the baby. Not just updating about my child but about his bowel movements no less. I should just crawl back into the hole I came from for that one.
3) Owning a hoodie. Not only do I now own "A" hoodie, but wearing it out in public (gasp)! I haven't been making it a part of outfits, but just throwing it on when I go out to grab coffee in the AM...which brings me to my next point.
4) Leaving the house sans makeup and without a complete "look". While on maternity leave sometimes the most exciting thing that happens during the day is a Real Housewives marathon and a brief walk around the neighborhood. What's the point in wasting a good outfit if no one is going to "see" me?
5) Not watching what I eat while I was pregnant and post pregnancy. As a former fat kid, this was one I really wanted to stick to. I have 10 more pounds to lose and I'm still not approved for any sort of aerobic activity. So what am I doing still eating chocolate chip muffins for breakfast like a pregnant lady? Shame on me! My diet starts...next week.
6) Incorporating more "mommy" things into this blog. Last year when I re-branded my blog I did it so that I could incorporate all the things I love...all the things that "define" who I am. Now that I'm a mother, all things baby and mom are included. If you don't like it that's totally fine, but I sure do hope you continue to stick around. :)
|Do you often find yourself saying things you'll never do...then a month, year or 5 years later you find that your opinion has changed? Or am I the only hypocrite in the blogsphere?|