On Saturday morning I woke up with a craving for pancakes. While I was on my routine Starbucks run, I ran into the grocery to pick up some chocolate chips to upgrade my usual plain pancakes. As I was standing in the bakery aisle I had this genius idea of making pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes. After all, 'tis the season isn't it?
Here's what you'll need:
- Pancake mix (I never said that these pancakes were from scratch!)
- 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin*
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract*
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon*
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spices*
- Milk chocolate chips
- Maple syrup
- Make pancake batter according to box instructions.
- Add canned pumpkin, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spices and cinnamon to batter. Mix until blended evenly.
- Heat pan and start cook pancakes according to box instructions.
- Once pancakes start to settle on first side, place roughly a tbsp of chocolate chips on top of batter right before flipping over.
- Serve with maple syrup.
I'm not usually a sweet tooth person, but these are delicious. They're not over the top sweet and are perfect for any Fall day.