When I say that this recipe is easy, I can't emphasize more on the word "easy". This recipe does involve some Trader Joe's specific items, but no worries if you don't have any of them - I'll include the modifications. I probably make this dish at least once a week because on days when I'm running late from work, this can be whipped up in less than 20 minutes.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 bags of Trader Joe's Frozen Jasmine Rice (Substitute: 4 cups of pre-made white rice)
- 1 container of Trader Joe's Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix (Substitute: 1 bag of frozen peas/carrots combo or 2 cups mixture of your preferred chopped vegetables)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of Sriracha sauce
- 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Microwave the 2 bags of fried rice or cook 4 cups of white rice. Set aside and cool.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and saute the vegetables. Salt and pepper vegetables lightly (1/2 tbsp) and cook until tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add white rice to pan and remaining 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Fold gently with sauteed vegetables.
- Lightly salt rice/vegetable mixture and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Push rice to one side of the pan and add eggs to the other end.
- Scramble eggs on the other side of pan, making sure not to mix the rice with egg too early.
- Once the eggs look firm and close to being done, start folding the egg into the rice.
- Add Sriracha and mix until all rice is evenly coated.
This rice is great on its own or serve with Trader Joe's marinated Bulgogi meat. Add any protein such as chicken, Chinese sausage or shrimp to make the dish more hearty. Enjoy!