Every year my girlfriends and I host an annual gift exchange dinner. We each bring a bottle of booze, a gift and a dish to share. My friends brought fabulous dishes to compliment the main course of pistachio crusted salmon with a cherry sauce and I decided to make a roasted squash, pear and apple quinoa side dish.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups of prepped and cooled quinoa (follow the box instructions)
- 1 peeled and diced pear
- 1 peeled and diced golden delicious apple
- 2 cups of diced butternut squash
- 1 cup of arugala
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 8 oz goat cheese crumbles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat over at 375 degrees.
- While oven is warming up, in a large bowl place pears, apples, butternut squash, 1 tbsp olive oil, cinnamon and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour everything into a roasting pan or sheet into a single layer and place in oven for 40 minutes (be sure to toss every 10 minutes to ensure all sides are evenly cooked)
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing - lemon juice, honey, remainder of olive oil and salt/pepper to taste.
- When the fruit is done roasting, let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- In a large glass bowl, mix fruit, quinoa, arugala, dried cranberries, goat cheese and dressing until evenly distributed.
- Cover and place in fridge until you're ready to serve.